- COVID-19 Resources
- Compliance Assistance
- Asset/Liability Management
- Research & Statistics
- Small Credit Union Support
- More Tools
FAQs & Guidance
- Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council: Financial Sector Return to Normal Operations Resource Guide
- Oklahoma State Banking Department: FAQ for Financial Institutions Affected by COVID-19
- Texas Credit Union Department: Home Equity Lending Guidance
- U.S. Small Business Administration: How to Calculate Maximum Loan Amounts for the Paycheck Protection Program
- Cornerstone Credit Union League: Central Liquidity Facility: Enhanced Access for Credit Unions
- Cornerstone Credit Union League: Guidance on Lending during COVID-19
- National Credit Union Administration: COVID-19, NCUA and CU Operations FAQ
- U.S. Department of Labor: Paid Leave FAQs
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Paycheck Protection Program Loan FAQs
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council: Business Continuity Guidance
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Consumer Reporting FAQs Related to CARES Act and COVID-19 Pandemic
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B FAQs related to the COVID-19 Emergency
Regulatory Agency Resources
- National Credit Union Administration: Information for Federally Insured CUs
- Texas Supreme Court: Enforcement of Court-ordered Collections, CARES Act Payments Protected
- Texas Credit Union Department
- Federal Reserve: Coronavirus Resources
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network: Coronavirus Updates
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency: COVID-19 Information
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division: Paid Leave Notice (Poster)
The National Credit Union Administration awarded $3.7 million in grants and no-interest loans to 162 low-income credit unions, helping them provide affordable financial services to their members and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join us for "Expanded Safe Lending Practices in the Face of a Global Pandemic," a situational analysis of guidelines and best practices to mitigate the risks lenders face. Join Ricky Guillot, president and CEO of Business Alliance Financial Services, as he discusses the means and methods necessary for lenders to preserve client relationships, manage the enhanced portfolio risks, and help the economy get back on its feet.
The NCUA issued an alert to inform credit unions about the risk of fraud associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Issues Statement on Additional Loan Accommodations Related to COVID-19The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council on behalf of its members recently issued a statement setting forth prudent risk management and consumer protection principles for financial institutions to consider while working with borrowers as initial coronavirus-related loan accommodation periods come to an end and they consider additional accommodations.
Tools & Samples
- Pandemic Response Strategy for Financial Well-being - Cornerstone Credit Union Foundation
- SBA Lending Poll Results - Cornerstone Member CUs
- Call Information Central at 512-853-8515 or 800-442-5762, ext. 8515 to get answers to your compliance questions.
- Contact Cornerstone Support to get assistance with non-compliance issues.
- InfoSight Pandemic Preparedness Compliance Assistance (League members only)
- "Know Your U.S. Treasury Check" Campaign Documentation
- Disaster Assistance Partnering Resource - connecting credit unions in need of a disaster recovery site with those credit unions offering assistance.
- Disaster Recovery Site Location Resource - view a list of credit union core processors and locations on the CU Statistics & Reports page (League members only)
- Example Essential Business Letter for CU Employees
- Amplify CU Example Pandemic Plan - Thank you to our friends at Amplify CU for sharing their excellent COVID-19 plan document so that other credit unions might benefit.
- Video: Thank You for Your Essential Service - Cornerstone Credit Union League
- "Open Your Eyes" Campaign COVID-19 Resources - customizable social media materials (campaign contributors only)
- Pandemic Poll Results - How Is Your CU Making a Difference? - Cornerstone Member CUs
The Cornerstone Credit Union League is proud to announce the publication of its 2020 Pandemic Response Impact Report.
Communication is key, and it’s been especially important during the ongoing pandemic. An essential part of Cornerstone’s response during the pandemic, communications about critical information has been a top priority for leaders and staff.
Health & Government
Congress is working on legislation that will help streamline the forgiveness process for Paycheck Protection Program loans.
While the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program had significant problems with its rollout and subsequent fixes, credit unions in the Cornerstone region have continued to help their small business member owners.
Financial Services Sector
- CUNA: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- WOCCU: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- CUNA Mutual Group: Coronavirus Update and Letter from Sales Executive to CUNA Mutual Bond Policyholders on 03/19/20
- Catalyst Corporate FCU: COVID-19 Updates & News
- CO-OP Financial Services: COVID-19 Updates
- CU Solutions Group: COVID-19 Resources
- OneDigital: Coronavirus Advisory Hub
- Harland Clarke: COVID-19 Resource Center
- JMFA: COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Filene: COVID-19 Resources Hub
- Callahan & Associates: Checklists & Continuity Plans
As HR professionals, we know the importance of recruiting, and finding the best, most diverse pool of talent we can for our organizations is a top priority.
The ongoing need for physical distancing and remote working—and the limited ability of members to transact in-person—is making the adoption of person-to-person payments (P2P) by credit unions more essential than ever.