Credit Union Development
We want credit unions to succeed. That's why we support continuous education for employees and volunteers in the credit union movement. We give credit unions an opportunity to take advantage of professional training and education courses, conferences, and professional certification programs.
The Foundation provides scholarships and grants to assist credit union staff in achieving professional excellence. If you are interested in advancing your credit union career, Cornerstone offers a wide variety of educational opportunities.
Credit Union Development grants are available to Cornerstone credit unions in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas, and credit unions may receive one credit union development grant a year.
Credit Union Development grants include, but not limited to, the following:
- Annual Training Calendar - Staff and Volunteer Training Opportunities offered by or through the Cornerstone League or industry related organizations. (Southwest CUNA Management School scholarships must be applied for separately.)
- Credit Union Development Educator Program
- Planning Sessions
- Equipment for CU Branches & Offices
- Hardware and Software Upgrades
- Mobile Deposit
- Online Banking
- Hispanic Outreach Initiatives
- Audits and Assessments that are not required annually or biennial
Eligible Audits and Assessments for Grant Assistance:
- Internal Audit
- Cyber Security IT Audit
- Cyber Security Assessment Toolkit
- Penetration Testing
- Network Vulnerability Assessment Testing
- ATM Safety Evaluation
- Shared Chief Information Officer
- Policy/Writing and Review
- Website Compliance Review
- Fair Lending Risk Assessment
Audits and Assessments Not Eligible for Grant Assistance:
- Supervisory Committee Annual Review
- BSA Audit
- Member Account Verification
- ACH Audit
- ACH Risk Assessment
- 748 Cyber Security Risk Assessment
- BSA/OFAC Risk Assessment
- SAFE Act Review
- FACTA Red Flags Risk Assessment
- Vendor Due Diligence
Grants Committee Meeting
This virtual workshop is open to staff, directors, and volunteers at member credit unions with less than $100 million in assets.
Join the Cornerstone Accounting & Finance Council to learn basic strategies, tips, and best practices for creating and managing a budget.
This webinar will help you build a solid foundation of asset/liability management basics.