The Foundation has partnered with BALANCE to offer all 40,300 staff members in the Cornerstone region and Friends of the Foundation the opportunity to receive one-on-one coaching with a licensed financial coach/counselor for one year. Participants in this service will receive:
- A toll-free hotline (888-456-2227) for credit union staff, their dependents, and Friends of the Foundation to call with money management questions, schedule appointments for free budget counseling, or request information on a wide variety of financial issues. ** During their first call, individuals will need to state that they are with the Cornerstone Foundation, not their credit union or employer.
- Free, comprehensive, one-on-one money management, budget, and debt counseling to be provided by telephone.
- Educational materials and resources in electronic format to assist with personal finance education and personal financial wellness.
- Two free monthly educational webinars.
- Credit reports at participant's cost, with access to certified credit report reviewers to clarify content, answer questions, and provide tools to assist with fraud and/or legitimate dispute issues. Participant will be encouraged to request a free
credit report. If participant is unable to receive a free credit report, the participant will be charged the current contracted price between BALANCE and the credit reporting agency.
- Debt solutions at participant’s cost.
- Access to the BALANCE housing department for participants who need special help with housing issues, from first-time home buying to foreclosure prevention.