Gain a better understanding of your CU’s ALM process at July 23 workshop
Posted: Jul 16, 2020 | Author:
Whether you are new to credit unions or need a refresher, the Cornerstone Credit Union League Asset/Liability Management Basics Part 1 workshop will be offered virtually on Thursday, July 23, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CDT. The workshop provides tools and techniques to help you better understand your credit union’s ALM processes.
The ALM Basics Part I online workshop provides attendees with an overview of ALM concepts. By attending, you will learn about:
- Components of a basic financial statement;
- A credit union balance sheet and income statement;
- Definitions, formulas, and impact factors for the 11 key ratios every credit union professional should know;
- Calculations for the 11 key ratios for a generic credit union;
- Key ratios found in the ALM Analysis Report; and
- The financial CAMEL (capital, asset quality, management, earnings, and liquidity/asset-liability management) score.
Early Bird Deadline: July 9
Registration is limited to 15.
Register today to reserve your spot.
Who should attend?
Credit union staff and board members who want a better understanding of fundamental ALM concepts or would like a review of them would benefit from attending.
Presenter: Margot Strong
As ALM & Financial Analysis Director for the Cornerstone Credit Union League, Margot Strong works with credit unions to provide analysis, instruction, and guidance in asset/liability management to help facilitate their financial well-being. Strong has more than 20 years of experience in business development and has more than 10 years of experience working with credit unions while at Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union and ALM First. Originally from Ohio, Strong came to Texas by way of Texas Christian University, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree.
For more information, contact Vicki Harris, League consultant and support coordinator, at email@example.com
or 800-442-5762, ext. 6497.