Whether you are new to credit unions or just need a refresher, Cornerstone Credit Union League Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Workshops are coming to an area near you to provide tools and techniques to manage your credit union’s ALM process more effectively. The Essentials and Implementation Workshops offer an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the goals of Asset/Liability Management, key operational areas of earnings, capital, asset quality, liquidity and entry level interest rate risk. Led by Deborah Rightmire, ALM & Financial Analysis Director, these workshops provide an excellent opportunity for management, staff, SCMS students, ALCO members, and Board to enhance their knowledge of Asset/Liability Management. We look forward to your participation.
Day One: ALM Essentials
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The essentials ALM workshop is a full-day session designed for all credit union employees and Board members who desire a better understanding of basic Asset/Liability Management fundamentals. Some of the topics include:
- Identifying the primary goals of Asset/Liability Management
- Understanding the ALM Resource’s ABAJO Key Ratio Report and NCUA’s FPR
- Analyzing your credit union’s key financial ratios
- Reviewing an expense analysis and its implications
- Pricing loans and deposits based on market indicators
- Reviewing the Risk Focused Examination process
Day Two: ALM Implementation
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The advanced ALM workshop is a 5 hour session providing tools needed to implement an effective Asset/Liability Management process in your credit union. It addresses these areas:
- Measuring interest-rate risk/sensitivity using a static GAP model
- Organizing a successful ALM process
- Discussing guidelines for developing an effective ALM Policy
- Discussing guidelines for developing an effective Investment Policy
- Developing a consistent ALCO agenda
- Monitoring and measuring liquidity
- Reviewing broker/dealer due diligence
What Attendees Say
"Very good. I'll recommend that ALCO and management attend this in the future."
"I never clearly understood how the calculations were computed until now"
"Working examples using our own credit union's data"
"Material is very helpful to any Board of Director member and essential for ALM Committee members. Time and money well spent."
"Great presentation on a difficult subject."
Dates & Locations
If you have physical, medical, or dietary needs requiring special attention, please us contact us for proper arrangements to be made.
For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint or refund, please contact Vicki Harris, ALM Financial Analyst, at 800-442-5752 ext. 6497.