The Cornerstone Credit Union League is looking for credit union professionals under the age of 35 to serve as a Young Professional (YP) Advisors.
The Cornerstone Credit Union League is looking for credit union professionals under the age of 35 to serve as a Young Professional (YP) Advisors. The YP Advisors group was created because the League recognizes the criticalness of attracting, retaining and grooming young credit union professionals who have a drive, and passion for making a difference.
YP Advisors are change-makers. They are hard-working, participatory, ambitious, empathetic, social, self-starters, objective and creative. They are not “fence sitters.” Not sure if you should become an YP Advisor? Consider these top 10 reasons:
10. Knowledge. Being a YP Advisor gives you an opportunity to meet numerous superstars of the credit union industry, and gain vast amounts of knowledge from their experiences.
9. You impress your boss. Need we say more?
8. Visibility. Opportunity to impress more than just your boss.
7. Meet-ups. Networking 2.0- Participate and plan in YP networking events in your area.
6. Collaboration. You will learn more about yourself and working with others.
5. Networking. You will be mentored by members of the League. This will give you many great contacts (& friendships!) with these folks, as well as exposure to many of the great services offered by the League.
4. Annual YP Conference. You get to plan and participate in a conference strictly predicated on teaching and advancing young credit union professionals.
3. Influence your peers. Go beyond your individual credit union and get more YPs excited and involved.
2. Professional skills. Professional skills that reach the Chuck Norris or Ninja-like category.
1. Spark sustainable change. As an YP Advisor, you have opportunities to actually participate in and influence The Credit Union Movement- the big picture.
Please note that the deadline to apply to become an YP Advisor has been extended until Sept. 1. To apply, simply visit the CUYP website. While you are there, register for the YP blog and forum.