Day One: Collections
Seminar topics include:
- 10 Cardinal Rules for Proper Repossession
- Military Lending Act
- Complying with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SMCRA)
- The Use of Autodialers for Debt Collection
- Collection Considerations in Member Business Lending
Day Two: Bankruptcy
Seminar topics include:
- Bankruptcy Ain’t a Beanbag
- An Overview of Chapter 7 & 13:
- Freezing Funds
- Attending Creditors Meeting - When and Why
- Denial of Privileges Policies
- When to Close Existing Accounts
- How to Deal with Employees Who File Bankruptcy
- §722 Redemptions in Chapter 7 Bankruptcies
- The Interplay of Charge-Offs & Bankruptcies
- The Universal Bankruptcy Checklist for All Secured Lenders
- CFPB – Indirect Auto Lending
- The Redaction Trap
- The Mortgage Lender’s DIY Guide to Bankruptcy Proofs of Claim
Who Should Attend?
Presidents, CEOs, managers, loan officers, credit committee members and volunteers, collection officers, compliance officers, and any other credit union staff responsible for minimizing the credit union's exposure to bankruptcy losses, collections, or lenders in general would benefit from these seminars.
Little Changes Making a Big Difference
We care about you, so as you make a commitment for business as usual, know that your League is taking steps to protect your health and finances:
- We are limiting the number of registered attendees for each live event to incorporate social distancing.
- We will ensure proper handwashing stations and hand sanitizers are available.
- We have relaxed our refund policy to cover issues that may arise from the Pandemic. Express your interest by registering but rest assured, if the climate related to COVID-19 changes, we will offer a refund of registration fees if applicable if we have to cancel.
- We are monitoring local, state, and national pandemic updates, preparing to support our live events with virtual enhancements.
|8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
||Registration & Continental Breakfast
|9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
||Networking Lunch (provided)
|1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*Includes 2 refreshment breaks
Presenter - Frank Drake
Franklin Drake serves as a partner in the law firm of Smith Debnam Narron Drake Saintsing & Myers since 1994, following a 16-year practice specializing in creditor's rights, bankruptcy, and repossession law. For more than 40 years, Drake has been a featured speaker and author on bankruptcy and regulatory compliance programs and webinars. His practical application of laws and regulations to credit union procedures has appeared in state bar magazines, nationally distributed newsletters, and on the internet. He brings more than 30 years’ experience advising and representing most of the major secured and unsecured financers on secured lending, bankruptcy, and regulatory compliance matters. He enjoys guiding clients around compliance pitfalls and how to not get sued.
Fee Per Person/Per Seminar
League Member Early Bird - $250
League Member Regular Rate - $300
A limited number of spots are available. Register early to secure your seat. Walk-ins will be accommodated according to availability. Your investment includes instruction, handouts, continental breakfast, lunch, and two refreshment breaks.
Please be advised that photographs may be taken at the event for use in Cornerstone Credit Union League marketing materials. By registering for and attending any event, you agree that your image may be used at any time, without further notification, for printed materials, web sites, social media, and other marketing purposes.
The Cornerstone Credit Union League reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to unforeseen circumstances. If the seminar is rescheduled to another date or is modified (virtual or hybrid), your registration will automatically transfer. If the event is rescheduled, or the location is changed, and you are unable to attend, your fees will be refunded. Cornerstone encourages you to send a substitute in your place if you cannot attend.
If you submit a written cancellation:
- 60 days before the start of an event, you will receive a full refund.
- 31-60 days before the start of an event, 50% of your fees will be refunded.
- 0-30 days before the start of an event, you will not receive a refund.
If you have questions regarding these seminars, call 800-442-5762 ext. 6630 or 469-385-6630 or email email@example.com.
If you have physical, medical, or dietary needs requiring special attention, please contact us for proper arrangements to be made. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint or refund, please contact us at 800-442-5762 ext. 6630.