Join us for the CECL Roundtable to learn best practices for your successful CECL transition. Understand the new allowance guidelines, implementation steps, regulatory impacts, and CECL stressors, as well as tips and tricks. Get CECL ready with the following:
- Roundtable Discussion Points: CECL prep, CECL challenges, institutional impact, leveraging CECL data for other purposes;
- Visible Equity CECL Application: Segmentation, individually reviewed loans, collectively reviewed loans, Q&E factors, forecasting;
- Data Quality Assessment: Data history requirements, data quality best practices, common data pitfalls, establishing data culture in your institution;
- Justifying Base Loss Rate Selection: Base loss rate selection, back testing, data-driven decisions; and
- Q&A: Submit your questions/topics before training and get them answered live.
Lunch will be provided by Visible Equity. If possible, please bring a laptop or tablet to the Roundtable, as some parts of the meeting will be hands-on.
CPE Certificate (for CPAs) - Participants will earn 2 CPE Credits
Visible Equity is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Dates & Locations
Phillip LeCheminant has worked at Visible Equity for two years and has been the client success manager of the Southern Region for the last year. He has helped dozens of credit unions, getting them trained and implemented in CECL. LeCheminant is a graduate of the Brigham Young University Marriott School of Business with a degree in finance.
Jacob Michael has been a client success manager at Visible Equity for more than a year, helping clients across the Midwest and mountain regions prepare for CECL and its application in the credit union industry. Before joining the Visible Equity team, he worked in various finance and accounting roles at a Fortune 30 company in Philadelphia and New York City. Michael graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in finance.
Registration for this event is FREE. Seating is limited to the first 25 registrants.
Please be advised that photographs may be taken at the event for use in Cornerstone Credit Union League marketing materials. By registering for and attending any event, you agree that your image may be used at any time, without further notification, for printed materials, web sites, social media and other marketing purposes.
Call 800-442-5762 ext. 6630 or 469-385-6630 or email email@example.com.