Compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) remain an important issue for examinations and credit union liability. A substandard compliance program may expose your credit union to unwanted regulatory scrutiny and extensive penalties. You and your staff will be able to learn about BSA/OFAC compliance during a live webinar with Steve Gibbs, CUCE, BSACS.
Gibbs will cover all the basic information on BSA and OFAC. Following the session, the League will issue certificates of attendance for those from your credit union who were present.
- BSA Compliance Requirements and Hot Spots
- OFAC Compliance Requirements
- Anti-Money Laundering Issues
- Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
- Member Identification Program
- Currency Transaction Report Requirements
- Suspicious Activity Report Requirements
Who Should Attend?
CEOs, managers, supervisors, frontline staff, and all credit union staff required to complete BSA and OFAC training once every year will benefit from this session. Take advantage of this opportunity to gather everyone for a team training session.
Date & Time
Presenter - Steve Gibbs, CUCE, BSACS
Gibbs manages Risk Management & Compliance Services with Credit Union Resources, Inc. His career of over 35 years in the financial industry includes service with three regulatory agencies. Previously, he served the Texas Credit Union League as director of the Southwest CUNA Management School, director of Information Central, and lobbyist/legislative analyst. Gibbs has conducted training for the financial industry, as well as for trade and regulatory groups throughout the U.S. and in Puerto Rico. Additionally, he has written numerous articles on risk management and compliance for credit union industry publications. Gibbs holds the Credit Union National Association’s Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) and Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Specialist (BSACS) certifications.
- $70 registration fee for the live webinar. After registering, participants will receive a link within 48 hours, along with a PowerPoint presentation, exam, and sign-in sheet.
- Following the webinar, members have the option to purchase a recording at any time throughout the year for $70.
Registrant Cancellation Policy
Registration fee refunds (less a $20 processing fee) are granted for cancellations received in writing two weeks before the seminar.
For more information, contact Brandon Walker at 800-442-5762, ext. 6426 or email@example.com.