- ALM Webinar Workshops
- Bankruptcy & Collections Series
- CEO Roundtables
- Coaching Skills for Winning Managers Workshop
- Hot Topic Webinars
- HR Roundtables
- IRA Workshops
- Leadership vs Management Workshop
- Small CU Forum
- Small CU Workshops
- On-Demand Training
- CU Webinar Network
- Exhibits & Sponsorships
- Speaker Information
Exceptional leaders are key ingredients in growing a successful credit union. To create successful leaders, we must first determine what leadership skills our managers need and what management skills they must possess. Defining and sharpening those skills are necessary for complete, companywide success. Essential leadership skills often range from effectively projecting a collective goal to addressing low employee morale. This workshop will help guide leaders within your organization into becoming exceptional leaders by:
- Preventing the leadership issues that all new managers face—and how to overcome them
- Discovering and developing your own, personal leadership style
- Revealing your role in team performance and how to maximize it
- Uncovering how to build on the leadership strengths you've identified and shore up your weaknesses
- Learning how to communicate like a pro
- Unlocking the secrets of the do’s and don’ts when going from peer to supervisor
- Confronting challenges before they become real problems. Ignore this at your own peril.
- Identifying best practices required for strategic success at an individual, functional, and organizational level
- Understanding the crucial differences between being the leader and being the boss
Date & Time
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Central
Early Bird Deadline: Oct. 2
|10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Session with a 15 minute break|
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch break|
|1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Session with a 15 minute break|
Presenter - Rory Rowland
Rory Rowland is a business consultant, seminar leader, and author specializing in programs that help credit unions improve their lending, technology, leadership, and communications skills. After serving as president of two credit unions and earning his CCUE, Rowland began using his communications skills and specialized background to help others become more effective. He has presented high-energy, fun, and humorous programs in all 50 states, Canada, and Mexico for the last 25 years and is continually one of the most highly rated speakers at associations throughout the country.
Fee Per Person
|Early Bird Rate|
(before Oct. 2
(after Oct. 2)
|Affiliate Member - Class A||$150||$200|
|Associate Member - Class B||$250||$350|
There are a limited number of registrations available. Register early to secure your virtual seat. Your investment includes instruction, materials, and lunch.
This is a virtual meeting, but lunch is still on us. Every registered attendee will receive a gift card to cover lunch.
Cornerstone reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to unforeseen circumstances. If the seminar is rescheduled to another date or is modified (virtual or hybrid), your registration will automatically transfer. If the event is rescheduled or the location is changed, and you are unable to attend, your fees will be refunded. Cornerstone encourages you to send a substitute in your place if you cannot participate.If you submit a written cancellation:
- 60 days before the start of an event, you will receive a full refund.
- 31-60 days before the start of an event, 50% of your fees will be refunded.
- 0-30 days before the start of an event, you will not receive a refund.