The National Credit Union Foundation is looking for its next Wegner Award winners. The National Foundation turns to the credit union movement for help in nominating individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented at its annual fundraising gala.
“The last thing you might be thinking about right now is celebrating," said Gigi Hyland, Executive Director at the Foundation. "And yet … through this pandemic, credit union leaders have stepped up, leveraged their cooperative principles and values, and are finding ways to bolster and sustain their employees’, members’, and communities’ financial well-being. Living and breathing the credit union difference during a crisis is definitely worth celebrating. We can’t wait to be with you (in person!) next March to honor exemplary leaders of our movement.”
Each year, the National Credit Union Foundation selects and presents the highest awards in the credit union movement during the Credit Union National Association Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C. The 33rd annual Foundation dinner will take place on March 1, 2021.
Download the nomination packet.
Nominations are due by Friday, July 24 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national, or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program, or business for its innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local, national, or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and organizations. Following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form here.
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the National Foundation by July 24.
For questions on the Wegner Awards nomination process, contact Jenni Speth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-231-4979.
To learn more about the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards Dinner, visit the website.