Whether you are new to credit unions or just need a refresher, the Cornerstone Credit Union League Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Workshop is coming to Oklahoma City Oct 15 and 16. The workshop will provide tools and techniques to help you manage your credit union’s ALM process more effectively.
This two-day workshop helps you gain a better understanding of the goals of ALM, key operational areas of earnings, capital, asset quality, liquidity, and entry-level interest rate risk. Led by Deborah Rightmire, ALM & financial analysis director, this workshop provides an excellent opportunity for management, staff, SCMS students, ALCO members, and your board to enhance their knowledge of ALM.
Day One: ALM Essentials
9 a.m.–4 p.m.
The ALM Essentials session is designed for all credit union employees and board members who desire a better understanding of basic ALM fundamentals. Topics include:
- Identifying the primary goals of ALM;
- Understanding the ALM Resource’s ABAJO Key Ratio Report and NCUA’s FPR;
- Analyzing your credit union’s key financial ratios;
- Reviewing an expense analysis and its implication;
- Pricing loans and deposits based on market indicators; and
- Reviewing the Risk Focused Examination process.
Day Two: ALM Implementation
9 a.m.–2 p.m.
The ALM Implementation session gives you the tools needed to implement an effective Asset/Liability Management process in your credit union. It addresses:
- Measuring interest-rate risk/sensitivity using a static GAP model;
- Organizing a successful ALM process;
- Discussing guidelines for developing an effective ALM Policy;
- Discussing guidelines for developing an effective Investment Policy;
- Developing a consistent ALCO agenda;
- Monitoring and measuring liquidity; and
- Reviewing broker/dealer due diligence.
Oklahoma City, October 15 & 16
Credit Union House
631 E. Hill Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
For more information.
Presenter - Deborah L. Rightmire, CCUE
Debbie Rightmire manages the operations of ALM and delivers semiannual ALM analysis and consulting services to credit unions across the U.S., representing over $100 billion in combined assets. She speaks for CUNA and Leagues across the nation and is a senior faculty member of Southwest CUNA Management School. Rightmire is a graduate of the University of Alaska.
For more information, contact Vicki Harris, ALM financial analyst, at 800-442-5752 ext. 6497.