After five consecutive years of year-over-year increases, credit unions experienced a drop in overdraft revenue for the first quarter of 2019. As regulators review the rules governing overdraft services, and next generation technologies provide new tools for improving program management, is it time to take a look at your overdraft philosophy and strategies to make sure you’re getting optimal results?
This webinar, hosted by the Accounting & Finance Council, will provide advice on how to implement the best overdraft service practices, resulting in a reliable revenue stream, compliance peace of mind for your credit union, and increased financial security for your members.
The webinar provides attendees with:
- An overview of regulatory compliance and industry trends related to overdraft privilege;
- Potential litigation issues and how financial institutions across the nation are responding;
- Key performance indicators for more successful overdraft results;
- The role of next generation analytics and reporting capabilities in capturing missing income and setting realistic goals and effective problem-solving strategies;
- The correlation between ongoing employee education and greater program outcomes; and
- Keys to more informed member choice and better service experiences.
Presenter: Cheryl Lawson
Cheryl Lawson, executive vice president–compliance, serves as JMFA’s principal compliance liaison for regulatory requirements of overdraft services, including consumer protection issues and strategies that enhance safety and soundness. She has more than 30 years of experience in information technology and financial operations, as well as consulting, communications, training, and project management. Lawson is a sought-after authority among industry groups for compliance issues related to overdraft programs.
Date: Tuesday, Sept. 17
Time: 2–3 p.m. CDT
For more information or to register.
- Accounting & Finance Council Members: Complimentary
- Non-Accounting & Finance Council Members: $25
(includes 2019 Accounting & Finance Council Membership)
For questions about this event or about Cornerstone Councils, contact Cristina Martinez, CU Relations administrative assistant, at email@example.com or 800-442-5762, ext. 6403.