Open now: Cornerstone Foundation annual grants cycle
Posted: Nov 29, 2023 | Author:
Read time: 1 min, 48 secs
Don’t miss the opportunity to apply for a Cornerstone Foundation’s Professional Development Grant or Scholarship, SCMS Scholarship, Chapter Grant, or Community Development Grant for 2024. Details follow.
Professional Development Grant
- Cornerstone credit unions of any asset size in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and credit unions of asset sizes above $100M in Kansas and Missouri may apply for one Professional Development Grant annually.
- Professional Development Grant application deadline is Feb. 29, 2024.
- Credit unions submit an annual Training Calendar.
- Grant assists with registration fees, lodging, and travel necessary to attend one or more of the approved events on the training calendar.
Professional Development Scholarships for CUs < $100M in KS and MO
- Staff and volunteers from credit unions of asset sizes less than $100M in Kansas and Missouri may apply for Professional Development Scholarships.
- There is no deadline to apply for these scholarships.
- Applications must be submitted to the Cornerstone Foundation a minimum of 30 days before the training or educational program you wish to attend.
- Scholarships cover the cost of registration fees for events held inside or outside the Cornerstone region. However, lodging and travel expenses will only be reimbursed if the event is held inside the Cornerstone region and attendees stay at host hotel.
Southwest CUNA Management School (SCMS) Scholarship
- SCMS scholarships are available for first-, second-, and third-year students enrolled in SCMS.
- Multiple individuals from the same credit union are eligible to apply for assistance.
- The SCMS Scholarship application deadline is April 30, 2024.
Community Development Grant
- Community Development Grants are available to assist Cornerstone credit unions ready to combat one or more of the 12 development issues.
- Community Development Grant applications accepted year-round.
- Credit unions are eligible for one Community Development Grant per calendar year in addition to other Cornerstone Foundation Grants/Scholarships.
Chapters are eligible to apply annually for one of the following:
- Professional Development Grant – Max grant size: $2,000
- Training or educational programs or speakers that will be beneficial to member credit unions.
- Application deadline is Feb. 29, 2024.
- Community Development Grant – Max grant size: $10,000
For full grant guidelines and applications, please see the Cornerstone Foundation website.
Questions? Please contact Cornerstone Foundation Program Director Emily Moreno.