The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) has been around since 1991. But a Declaratory Ruling issued in the summer of 2015 significantly changed what you may do, what you may not do, and what you must do if you want to call or text your members. The penalties are steep, so it's important that you clearly understand this rule’s requirements.
Now you can watch a recorded webinar, Telephone Consumer Protection Act: How to Comply with Recent Declaratory Ruling, beginning June 24, 2016, through June 24, 2017.
The 1.5-hour webinar covers:
- Overview of the 2015 Declaratory Rule
- Definition of autodialer (not what you might think!)
- Limits on calls to wireless phones and use of text messages
- How to properly obtain “express written consent”
- Information required to be included in the consent
- Consumer ability to opt-out
- Roles/responsibilities of third party providers
This webinar is beneficial for credit union compliance, collections, operations, and marketing professionals.
This recording is of a live webinar that took place June 23. Follow this link to learn more about how you can view the webinar.