Question of the Week
Friday, March 2, 2018 8:20 AM

Question: Does my credit union need to use the Equal Housing Opportunity or Equal Housing Lender sign?

Answer: That would depend on whether your credit union is state-chartered (SCUs) or federally chartered (FCUs).

FCUs may use either signage, but SCUs must use the Equal Housing Opportunity sign.  This distinction exists because different government agencies are responsible for the rules that apply each kind of credit union.

Graphics for these signs may be found on the HUD website.